Pursuit of Healthfulness - A way overdue update
It has been a very long time since I've published an update on my Pursuit to Healthfulness, heck its been a long time since I've posted anything here. I have no idea what I've been doing that I didn't have time to post.
I am getting ready to start the 21 day cleanse again. Not because I have reverted and started eating unhealthy or putting on the weight I lost. I'm doing it again because I want to get some new ideas for meals and I want to see if there is anything else I could be doing to eat healthier. I am also doing it again because I believe in Melissa's program.
So, the update:
- I have met my weight loss goal and I feel better than I have in years.
- I weigh myself every day. I was never a person who liked getting on the scale but I have found that weighing myself every day keeps me on track.
- I have been eating gluten free bread and avoiding wheat. I had a craving for this egg salad sandwich that is one of my favorites and I had a terrible reaction. I'm not sure if it was the bread, the egg salad or the cheese, but it did not agree with me and I will be avoiding it in the future.
- I have found that its not as hard as I thought to find items on a menu that are healthy but I have been eating out less.
- I no longer have a sweet-tooth. Once a month, I do need a little chocolate, but no more muffins, cookies, cakes, etc. and I honestly don't miss them.
Yes, there are some nights when I get home from the studio and all I can muster is an almond butter and jelly sandwich or veggies and hummus. I did have a couple of days where I munched on chips and hummus but I got over that pretty quick. I had the most amazing pommes frites at brunch last weekend at Vin Rouge and they were totally worth it!
This is a pursuit, its not perfect, its a work in progress. There are days when its easy, there are days when its not. Taking it day to day, that's the only way I know how to do it.