August Break is here again…join in the fun here. The first few days of August have been pretty busy for me. I had company over the weekend then after dropping them at the airport Monday morning, jumped into a bit of craziness. In addition to taking and teaching pilates, this week I am holding an art camp for girls at the pilates studio. I expected 3 girls but at 2pm on Monday, had 5. I am in no way an art teacher but I love art and am excited to work with 10 & 11 year old girls.
Some of the things I've realized so far about these girls:
- they can be super focused…I thought kids had a short attention span
- they are all really creative
- they have all created completely different artwork
- they can easily give themselves a compliment and can take them too
- I thought I was going to have things to teach these girls, but I think I may learn more than they do.